Saudi Arabia













YOUR LINK HERE:


http://youtube.com/watch?v=gzlhOAVxR1E



(29 Jun 1996) T/I: 10:56:30 • • • US Secretary of Defence William Perry said on Saturday (29/6) • American forces were prepared for more attacks on their bases in • Saudi Arabia, in the wake of Tuesday's (25/6) truck-bombing of a • military apartment block. • = • We are preparing for the worst case, as if there will be more • such threats, Perry said after visitng the damaged building at • Dhahran. Nineteen US personnel were killed and dozens more • wounded. • = • Perry arrived in the Arab kingdom to review security procedures • and visit the site of the attack. • = • He said the new security techniques would include moving fences to • 120 metres from buildings. The truck which contained the bomb was • parked just 30 metres from the dormitory building. • = • Perry said American intelligence agencies would also work with the • Saudis to try and stop further attacks. Two previously unknown • Islamic groups have claimed responsibility for the attack. • = • Americans were also the target for another bomb in Riyadh last • November. Five Americans and two Indians were killed in that • incident. • = • While in Saudi Arabia, Perry will also meet with Crown Prince • Abdallah and Saudi Defence Minister Prince Sultan ibn Abdel Aziz. • = • = • SHOWS: • • SAUDI ARABIA 29/6: • Perry down steps of plane; • Perry greeting top us soldiers; • Photo op with prince bandar ibn sultan (in red headdress), saudi • ambassador to washington, and prince mohammed, governor of eastern • province of saudi; • Perry speaking to us soldier next to f-16 fighter; • WS of airfield; • Perry at aircraft hangar housing fighter jets; • Perry walking along to inspect the damage left by the bomb; • WS of shattered building; • Perry looking on and pan across to building; • Perry standing for photo op with medical team who helped with the • dead and wounded; • Perry SOT saying to give in would be to betray the brave men who died in dahrain and their familes. our military presence is vital to us and saudi security so we are going to stay. we will not be intimidated by terrorists or rogue nations. is there a risk in staying? yes. this bombing showed that but we can take actions to minimise that risk ; • Prince bandar ibn sultan (in red headdress), saudi ambassador to • washington, SOT saying we are committed to finding the perpetrators and bringing them to justice. that is an un-wavering committment... we believe the target of this attack must not be achieved and the target is saudi-american relations ; • more engsot of perry saying we will reach out with active security measures. we will assist the saudis in intensive investigations to apprehend the terrorists who committed this act • WS of presser; • • 3.06 • • Find out more about AP Archive: http://www.aparchive.com/HowWeWork • Twitter:   / ap_archive   • Facebook:   / aparchives   ​​ • Instagram:   / apnews   • • • You can license this story through AP Archive: http://www.aparchive.com/metadata/you...

#############################









Content Report
Youtor.org / YTube video Downloader © 2025

created by www.youtor.org